The East Cemetery, which extended out beyond the East Gate, appears to have been organized along either side of a road that led to the shores of the Mazoma lagoon. This cemetery remains very little explored, even though Alexandros Filadelfeus carried out the first excavations here in 1913. At the site of Nikolara, a chamber mausoleum with a rectangular semi-underground burial chamber has been excavated. In the middle of its north side, an interior three-step staircase led to a paved floor one meter lower. Around the chamber’s perimeter were four stone sarcophagi inside brick constructions and three chests, also of brick, containing cinerary urns, from which only one glass vase dating to the 1st century AD was found in situ. Cinerary urns had been installed in the walls, and on the floor a pointed-toe cinerary amphora and grave stele with the inscription Με(μία) / Φίλα / ἐτῶν λ΄ / Φουλβεινία / Πανθήρα / ἐτῶν ιδ΄ / χαίρετε were found. The inscription refers to two deceased females who according to their Roman clan names (Memmia, Fulvinia) possessed Roman citizenship. The monument is dated to the late 2nd-early 3rd century AD.
Individual graves were investigated in the same region, brick cist tombs for the most part which yielded rich grave goods (lamps, glass vases, silver and bronze rings) and grave stelae. Marble sarcophagi with relief decoration and stone sarcophagi of the Assos type were also found.